Your coffee house favorite has been taken to another level. A delicious rum cocktail with that combines chai tea with ginger and coffee liqueur. Substitute the coffee liqueur with espresso for a fun pick-me-up!
DOWN & DIRTY CHAI LATTE
4 ounces Chai Tea
2 ounces Rum
1 ounce Coffee Liqueur
1 ounce Heavy Cream
1/2 ounce Ginger Syrup (see recipe below)
1. Combine ingredients in shaker.
2. Shake with ice.
3. Strain into a ice filled glass.
4. Top with cinnamon or nutmeg.
8 fl. oz Water
8 oz Sugar
2 oz Chopped Ginger
1. Bring water to a boil.
2. Reduce to medium heat.
3. Stir in sugar until it dissolves.
4. Add chopped ginger.
5. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
7. Strain once cooled.