A recipe for homemade non-alcoholic Apple Cider.
- 10 Gala Apples
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Apple Pie Spice (contains cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.)
- 6 cups filtered water
- Wash and cut apples into quarters.
- Add apples to a large pot.
- Add sugar, spice, and water.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium high and cook for 1 hour. Stir frequently!
- After 1 hour remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Using a colander, strain into a large bowl.
- Using the back of a large spoon and a wired mesh strainer, mash the boiled apples until no more juice comes out.
- Strain the juice again through a wire mesh strainer.
- If your juice is too sweet for your liking, add more water.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
I was able to get 1 quart of cider from this recipe. Its a lot of straining but in the end the cider tastes amazing! I love it served hot topped with whipped cream and caramel.